Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm busy setting a HP All in One 8500 Officesmart printer for a small office.

It prints well from 4 PC's on a Network.

I'm having problems with the fax, it's a dedicated fax line, working perfectly. When 1st installed it received and sent a few faxes.
Now, for some reason I can't get it to fax at all. I just get a 'message' saying "No Fax Answered"

Changed all settings, different cable etc... yet the old fax machine works perfectly.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Hi,

Check the basics first,

1. Does it have a dial tone?
2. Are you connected to a digital line? You will want to slow down the transmission rate if that is the case.
3. Do you have the same problem when sending/receiving faxes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yip, it has a dial tone. It's an old anologue line I think. They've had the line in for years with an old fax machine running perfectly.

I've tried changing it from pulse to tone, slowing down the transmission rate etc...
Yeah, I have the same problem sending/receiving.

Thx Godspeed

·
Hewlett-Packard, Social Media Ambassador
49 Posts
Hi obelix112za,

Still not clear if your unit is under warranty... I work for HP, I am a Social Media Advocate. If you are under warranty and your specific problems are covered by the warranty and HP is not supporting you I would be glad to look into your concerns...
SoMeAm/Cheron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest, I don't know either. It's not for myself, it's for a small business in the centre of town, but I've spoken to someone from HP in SA as well explaining ev everything and they reckon it's faulty.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.