Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a HP 722C printer that I rarely use. I attempted to print a two page letter the other day and the first page printed a pinkish color and the second page printed some garbled pink lines but nothing that could be read. My first assumption was that the printer was out of ink and I went out and bought a double pack of black and a double pack of color ink. When I popped the top open on the printer, the black ink cartridge still shows as being full and color ink cartridges never have ink level gages. I attempted to clean the print cartridges by soaking them in isopropyl alcohol. Now the printer's low ink level light is flashing and nothing prints. I tried to clean the heads through windows/printer software toolbox but it tells me that the printer is out of ink.

Is the printer still ok? I don't want to open $100 in ink only to find out that I need to replace a printer with one that doesn't take the new ink.

Thanks,

-Lydokane-

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I know that I am new here But, When you said rarely meaning (Months? ,weeks?)
it is possible for the ink to dry in the heads if the printer sits for long periods (months). The fix for this is replace the printer. Which is normally cheaper than new heads.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
On the Hp printers the printhead is part of the print cartridge. I guess it did not like being soaked in alcohol. Replacing the color cartridge should get you going again. In the future, just wipe the printhead off with a rag soaked in alcohol. The printer itself should be fine.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
I am sure the 722c is a two cartridge model. It is a very good printer and almost all the problems can be fixed by putting in a new cartridge. That is unless you are having paper feed problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.