Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a HP 540 that is not getting any power. I have checked all of the connections and have tested the external power supply on the power cord and it is reading what it should. Is there any internal power supplies. What else could it be? Please help!
My email is [email protected]
I appreciate any help you could give me.
Sincerely,
Printerless

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
Have you tested the external P/S under load? If it's not the external P/S, the only other thing is the printer...

·
Registered
7 Posts
If It Uses A AC Adapter (black box thing thats heavy and is in th middle of the cord or plugs right into the wall, most Printer have that) Cheak the end that plugs into the printer by setting a multi meter to the dc range of 0-25 volts multimeters vari some are 0-15, 0-10. around there. then stick the red leed into the cord that plugs into the printer and the black on the outside of the cord plug thing. if the meter moves up the adapter is good if it doesent thats your problem.You need a new adapter cord.
also somtimes there are power switches on them. Hope I Helped

·
Registered
376 Posts
Is this one of the models listed in the defective power cord recall? I know that my HP DeskJet 990Cse was on this list, but the power cord that came with mine was marked as the good cord. I can't seem to find this article now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.