Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HP 2575 all-in-one printer. Everytime I try to print, I get a message that says "out of paper" even though I have plenty of paper in the feeder try. I then have to feed the paper one page at a time. Quite often the paper feeder jams when I have more than one page in the feeder.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Take the back cover off and clean the rollers with lint free cloth (coffee filters work well here) and clean water. (Bottled, filtered, or distilled prefered.)

Look in the front of the printer and look at any rollers you can see. If the rollers look damaged or worn you might have to replace the printer. (Normally if this is the case what happens is that you start the get the out of paper message only a few times at first but it gets worse and worse over time.) This is a known issue and defect with some versions of the 2575 printer. To find out check your printers serial number the serial numbers in the following link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c00601439&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

If you find that your serial number is in the affected range then you should replace the printer. HP was handing out free paper cleaning kits to out of warrenty customers because that is a known issue but that was discontinued last summer and so now you would have to pay for it. Problem is that it is just a temporary fix and the kit only works three times so it isn't worth the $.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.