Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HP media center M470n. Asus board, i think. there is no way to change certain things like apperture sizes, voltages etc. is there a "crack" or a way to unlock these mobo's?

G

·
Hello,

you can try updating your BIOS

or

if you think the problem is the changed settings you can reset your cmos ( via jumpers or taking the battery out for 15-20 mins)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have read a numerous amount of forums about hp's limited Bios settings. it's like having a sports car with four of the eight cylinders "locked". anyway, i have had lot's of help from this forum site before and was wondering if anyone here would know a way of "un-locking" an hp bios to be able to change certain things that other motherboard manufacturers simply include for their money paying customers. all i want to do is change aperture size. it's stuck at 64mb ***....any "smart" foreign speaking hp person would know that performance comes form a higher setting than that, but i won't get into hp idiot bashing here, i've spent way too much time on the phone trying to learn "huh" language............

my system.

P4 3.0ghz w/HT
G-Force 6800GT VC
2GB Dual Channel Corsair PC3200 DDr
430 watt true power
cooler master tower

should I just go ahead and by a new motherboard :4-dontkno

G

·
Dear XXXX,

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.

I understand from your e-mail that you wish to have the steps to
change the Aperture size on your PC.

I would like to inform you that your PC does not have the option to
change the Aperture size for the AGP cards from the BIOS. Also BIOS
update will not provide any new features to your BIOS settings.

If you are experiencing any particular issue with your PC, please
do reply to this e-mail. We will be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,

XXXXXX
HP Total Care
You do not really ned to increase the aperture size if it is the performance you are after. You can also learn a lot of new & better performance tweaks at www.overclock.net they are the beasts of overclocking and tweaks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.