Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,all
How are you?
I have a IE plugin. In this plugin, One function copys some music files from temp DIR to another DIR which is specified by user.
However, In vista, IE has a new feature--- Protected Mode. It prevents plugin from copying the files to the desired DIR in user's computer.

So Is there some way to turn Protected Mode off during the plugin installation process? or any other ways to turn it off by plugin
not by user?

Best
Chengyu

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,754 Posts
HI, I do not know how you might achieve this it goes against the purpose of Protected Mode. I would first get Java onside go to control panel and double click the Java Icon now select "advanced" scroll to "Java Plugin" and check "enable the next generation... restart to take effect. Now you could put the URL into the trusted sites zone this disables "protective Mode" for that site while leaving it active for others. There is an add on for IE Tools menu that will allow a click on the "tools " menu and the current site can be placed in restricted or trusted sites. Get it here (don't worry about the IE5 thing it works in Vista IE7 (Java is OK)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/previous/webaccess/pwrtwks.mspx

Hope this helps I guess you might be able to turn this into an automated batch file (do not ask). :grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.