Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all. I'm new to the board and am in desperate need of help. Just recently, my PC constantly gets bombarded with pop-ups. These pop-ups aren't from other web sites but seem to come from somewhere from my PC because they often appear when just my desktop is open. They are driving me crazy! Interstitial ad delivery by n-CASE had somehow been dowloaded on my PC, I removed it, but STILL the ads are popping up. I read some of the suggestions on this board and removed certain files from my registry and start-up, but the ads continue to appear. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Have you tried scanning your computer with Spybot or Ad-aware?

·
Registered
336 Posts
When it popups click Crtl/alt/delete and see if it tells you anything. Look in Add/Remove Programs.

If you use Spybot, just do the top files and not the MS files or you may end up reformatting.

Don't know how it would popup when not online but you should disable Messenger anyway (not to be confused with MSN Messenger).

in XP, rt. click My computer/Manage/Services and Applications/Services/Messenger...Disable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.