Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been failing at my attempts to get an answer to the following question:

How do I find and 'set' a secure server/port for an MSN Hotmail account?

As usual, I don't know if I'm in the right forum, but I found that, via a program called 'YPOPs', not only was I able to retrieve my Yahoo mail from Incredimail, I was also able to receive mail from an MSN.com account -- or so I thought. The only thing stopping me, apparently, is this business about needing to know the 'secure server' and I'm not sure I know what it's asking for. The wiki's information on the subject is out of date and I recently updated the page to reflect the fact. In one portion it states:

Head to the web interface's Security tab, and enter the server name and port of your Secure Password Authentication-protected server. Once done, you simply need to change the server name in your mail program to 127.0.0.1 - you don't need to change the username.

I've attached screen pics showing the Control Center where I need to make the change and the Account Properties window of the account in question. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to fill in (I'm assuming) in the following box under 'Remote POP3 server (SPA/AUTH or transparent proxy)'?
If you need more or different information, I'd be glad to provide it. I'm stumped and since the instruction manual I'm working off of is outdated, I don't know where else to look. Thanks, in advance, for helping.

SBernheart [;}]

Attachments

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I believe the screen shot from the 'Account Properties' window is incorrect in of itself. I think the Username remains '[email protected]" and the Incoming Mail Server remains '127.0.0.1' per wiki's instruction (the part that's NOT obsolete, I'm guessing, right?) so the Control Center is the reason I'm asking. Yep, I think that's all I need -- just the original request. I need the SPA and how to set it up on the screen shot of the POPFile Control Center. I apologize for any confusion. My bad.

SBernheart [;}]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.