Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Did a search on the forum for a similar topic, but didn't find anything relevant.

I've d/loaded the following :
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ (FDM) and did a test on a small applic. Managed to Run the app. onto the PC (Applic. was Upload Manager, approx. 400kb) from FDM. Simple enough.

Before doing that, however, tried to Save it to a CD, by attempt @ right-clicking on file name. But, there's no option to try save it to CD, by electing to ''Send to...'', like one finds in IE . Also, couldn't drag & drop file from FDM to DVD RW Drive (D:)

Had a look through the headings in FDM, and closest I got to was Export option, but it seems to only want to save the file in a .txt format,
which to me implies it won't allow it (i.e. the contents of the file) to Run from the CD thereafter ??

My aim is to be able to save certain Windows Updates (espec. Service Packs which constitute about 400MB's, each) to FDM, and then simply save them to a CD / DVD+RW / memory stick.

[I know I can d/load these MS files via Windows Update directly onto the PC, and have done so many times b4, but want to now try this other option.]

Any ideas would be appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.