Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am using Firefox 96 on a Windows 11 laptop. I have a lot of duplicate bookmarks. I have installed the "duplicate bookmarks cleaner" extension. My problem is that I can't find any instructions on how to use it. Does anyone happen to have them or can they suggest an Alternative way to remove them?

Thanks all. Remove and replace worked quick and easy. There were, however, still some duplicates. I used the Bookmarks Dupes extension and it worked as advertised. As stated by others, you have to know which ones to remove. Case in point...Most of mine had been mistakenly added to an unused folder. It was obvious which ones to remove.

Jim B.

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you can but, knowing which duplicate to delete is the problem and, when you have a lot of them, this could be tedious.

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That link didn't provide any instructions so i right clicked on the extension. there was a selection to open the link in a new tab. I clicked on that and this is what came up. I tried the same thing with another extension and got the same message

Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Circle

· Moderator , Security Team
2,432 Posts
The instructions on the link I gave you seem pretty straight forward to me.

The extension you are using though "duplicate bookmarks cleaner " does not seem to be currently available for Firefox.

The following extension is ... Bookmark Dupes – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-GB) ... and instructions for it's use are on the page linked to.

It is however an extension that is not monitored for security by Mozilla, so use it at your own risk.

I have no personal experience of using it, so cannot say whether it is safe to use or not.

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks !! Before I dive into this, let me ask a question. The bookmarks problem is on a brand new laptop. The ones I want are on my desktop. Would the simplest thing to do be, delete all of them on the laptop and import the ones from the desktop?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.