Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The circled disk partition is, I believe, what got created when I upgraded from Win7-64 to Win10-64.
In trying to expand the green Partition labeled 4-DATA (X) by using space available in Partition 2 (C), I got an error because to expand a partition, the two partitions need to be continguous.
(1) Is there a reason to keep the circled partition at all? It's been a year since I did the Win7-Win10 upgrade and would have no reason to restore Win7.
(2) Can I simply move Partition 4 - DATA (X) to be next to Partition 2 (C)? Using some utility to move it?

Rectangle Line Font Parallel Slope

I keep a current clone of this disk on another drive, so I can restore it if I mess it up.
Appreciate your help!

·
Global Moderator
Knowing how to use Google to solve problems
42,576 Posts
The partition in question is only 440 MB:s in size, very small by todays standards. There is no benefit to deleting this partition, the space you gain will not be noticeable.
But if you must, you can press the Windows key +X and choose Disk Management. In the lower pane Right Click Disk 3 and choose Delete making the area Unallocated Space. Then Right click the C: Drive and choose Extend Volume into the 440MB Unallocated Space. filling the gap between C: and D:. You may find it easier to do with a Partitioning software like Minitool Partition Wizard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts