Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

i have question how to make ur pc faster??

i have 8gb ram 2.40 Ghz intel core 2

and my pc its like before when i had windows vista 32 bit with 3 GB!

thanks for help

with much respect Karli

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ways to make your pc faster:

1) uninstall any junkware that came with your pc (if it was prebuilt)

2) turn off the paging file so your system will use up your ram (better performance due to caching in the ram rather than the hard disk)

3) make sure the OS is 64bit and uses all your ram

4) 3gb to 8gb isn't going to make your computer light years faster! Most programs won't use more than 2gb, and only when using photoshop, or heavy gaming will you need the 8 gigs.

5) defrag your hard drives

6) run avast anti virus and nothing else (use windows defender and windows firewall, not third party firewall/antispyware)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply's guys !! :D:D
Thanks but i have the other question its

now for example i have 2.40Ghz right? how i can make it like 3.20 or a bit more than 2.40? is that possible?

thanks . waiting for other ideas :DD

With much respect
Stephan kalan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Some Anti virus programs are pretty intensive, I like NOD 32 from ESET. Uses very little of your CPU and very little RAM to run, plus it is a great program. I do not use windows built in firewall, it is terrible and does not stop much beyond Malware. COMODO firewall is what we use and it is free.

Uninstall junkware is a great thing to do also, as mentioned.

There are tons of articles on the net about speeding up Vista. Though be careful as some source may be a bit dubious. Stay away from software that claims to speed up your system.

I have some great articles on speeding up the Vista, but as said, most of it comes down to your OS and hardware specs. I use 4Gigs or RAM ( Mushkin high end DDR2 800 ) and 64 bit Vista Ultimate. I use alot of After Effects CS4 and need 8 Gigs for those heavy apps. ( ordering the other 4 gigs very soon ).

To go from 2.4GHZ to over 3GHZ is called overclocking and can kill your CPU if not carried out correctly. You need to enter the BIOS to overclock, so research on your particular motherboard is vital. Most OEM;s ( Dell, HP,Compaq so forth ) can not be overclocked. Plus if you did overclock an OEM, you void any warranty from that company. If you get into overclocking, you need after market heatsinks / fans as stock fans are not designed for anything beyond the default settings of that CPU.

Windows Vista is set to defrag automatically each week or whatever you set it to. Windows Defrag is very slow, so some advise a third party software for defragging.

For ultimate performance, you need to get a RAID 0 set up with 10K - 15K rpm Hard drives or even SSD drives. ( Still a great debate out on SSD drive ).
Overclocked RAM, Quad core ( Intel have best right now ). Overclocking is fun but be careful.

I gotta go to bed now, but will add some info that I got 2morrow.

·
Registered
Desktop Support
369 Posts
2) turn off the paging file so your system will use up your ram (better performance due to caching in the ram rather than the hard disk)

Unfortunately some programs require that you MUST have a pagin file. Also when running programs like Microsoft Office and turning off pagefile you get a message that windows has run out of memory.

So its not such a good idea to turn off the paging file.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.