Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi am i not sure this is the right forum subject to post. (if not tell me which one:))

ok, as seen on the World of Warcraft intro cinema (Or some other game intro). the animated figures. all i need to know is what program they use? i know it is a challenge, but i am willing to take it! i need to know the free programs and the payed programs. if u guys know any please tell :grin:

thank you in advance :grin:

~Msta:grin:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
i watched that video clip and i think alot of that can be done in 3d studio max. you can download a 30 trial from the autodesk website. there will be a lot to learn, but start small and work your way through tutorials and you'll build your skill level up. these are starter tutorials, so you'll probably need to get more advanced manuals later.

the only free 3d program would be blender. different to use, but everybit as capable. here is a starter manual for blender.

so have a go and post back with any problems.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
blizzard uses their own program its not on the market and cant be bought anywhere.

i think the best you can get thats close to that would be maya or 3d studio max. where maya has better movie features. those are both $$$ the free is the one called blender

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
That intro cinematic is pretty awesome, isn't it? Full range of physics simulations, particle systems galore, indirect lighting and global illumination...

I'm Monolyth on Blackhand if WoW is your game.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.