Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a help i increase the space in the d drive because its keep saying the low disk space. My OS Windows Vista.
Thanx

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
More info on your drives, how they are partitioned, do you have any free space to be able to expand the partition? Drives have a finitie amount of storage. How about posting a screencap from disk management so we can see how your drives are set up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More info on your drives, how they are partitioned, do you have any free space to be able to expand the partition? Drives have a finitie amount of storage. How about posting a screencap from disk management so we can see how your drives are set up?
Thanx for the reply could u tell me how to get the screencap from the disk management so u can see the drives set up.

thanx

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
With disk management open hit printscreen, this will copy the screen to the clipboard, then open a new drawing in MSPaint and paste it in there, save and upload.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i open the disk management screen press the print scren button but can' t find the file. pls tell me how to get that file because i press the print screen buttton but nothing happened.
I am very much dumm in computer.
thanx

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
There is no file, it is on the clipboard...
Open MSPaint
create a new image, select edit paste and then save the file in paint.

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
The disk is maxed out, that is the recovery partition, you should not be writing anything to that partition, it is to recover the original installation in case of failure. What have you written to the D drive?

·
Registered
10,227 Posts
No, there is no free space on the disk. Modifying the system partition can get pretty shakey to try to free up space on C and then add it to d. XP won't do it, Vista may do it if it can, third party tools like easus partition manager might be able to do it, how much space do you have on the C drive? and what is on the D drive?

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
Hi,
As raptor_pa stated in his previous post the D: drive is your recovery partition.
If Vista is "automatically" backing up to this drive you are going to have issues (no disk space). Did you set Vista to backup to the D: drive?
You may have inadvertently.
The D: drive is for Recovery ONLY

You appear to have enough space on you C: drive to resize the partition and make a "new" partition. This will allow you to use this "new" partition for your backup.

Have you made or have the Recovery CD for this computer?
Can you tell us what is on the D: drive?
It should show you a recovery folder and that should be about it.

What is the make and model of this compaq computer?

Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.