Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to find out if the website you are on is real?

Hi, I was wondering, how do you make sure the website you visit has realiable info. There are so many websites these days on internet that has fake info. such as the world is flat or humans can live forever. I am just wondering, how do you know if the website you are visiting is realiable. Help will be appreciated. Thank You.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
There is no real way to know, except double check all the info they have. I like to judge sites by their cover...meaning if the site looks nice and professional I am more apt to believe them. There are sites with ads everywhere, you can't find what you want and they are constantly trying to sell something. Those are the sites I find questionable.

The problem is, I can go make an aesthetically pleasing site (aesthetically pleasing = "good looking" for all those who don't understand, just working on my vocabulary) and say that clouds are made of marshmallows. There is just no way to know for certain unless you check lots of places and they all say the same thing...by the way I wish the clouds were made of marshmallows, but sadly they are not.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
A great way to check into validity is to look for cited sources. It's very easy to BS things and have a pretty site to back up the crap you put on it, but it's impossible to cite a reputable source and say the same thing without contradicting onesself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.