Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I was going to just post a screen shot which would save the trouble of a lengthy explanation like this one, unfortunately the steps I'd have to take just to be able to post one measly pic are even more time-consuming, so here goes.

To first obey the posting rules:
I have Windows Vista, 64-bit, I believe it's not SP1 (I looked in "system" and it doesn't indicate, and I can't recall if I've allowed SP1 on this computer. Don't worry, which SP I have is irrelevant to my problem.)

So hear it is:
-Right click on ANY image file on this very screen you're looking at. Say, one of the smilies, for instance.
-Select "Save Image As..."
- In the bar at the top that traditionally shows the file path, to the very right end of that field is that small downward arrow; click on that.
- A drop-down list appears of folders- and even a few websites?- where I have recently saved image files.

Question: How do I erase these files from the list?! As in, PRIVACY. I do not want Windows to save recent anythings, of this sort.

Note that I already tried right-clicking on the Start Button, selecting "properties", and under the "start menu" tab there is a box for some OTHER privacy settings w.r.t. recently opened sweet nothings. Not relevant to my problem.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! Keep up the good work here! :grin:

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
Hi, you can custom your browser to prevent this, however the easy way is to use a program many of us use to delete temps, URL's etc it is called CCleaner just steer away from the advanced settings until you know what you want :-
http://www.ccleaner.com/download

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.