Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yoe and Greetings,
I have an old HP PC with Windows 98. I can't figure out how to erase old file/folder searches. Go to...Start > Find > Files or Folders > The pull down under Name and Lacation "Named" has a bunch of old old searches that I want to erase.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Hello Spoonman,

I know of a free utility, TweakUI, that will take care of clearing all kinds of things (including 'run' entries and your file search entries). It can be found Here. Do be careful what you do with this, though, since it does have the potential to screw things up if not used correctly.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think you can track them down in the registry and delete them. Be careful, because if you waste the wrong thing, your computer's X(. As always, export the registry before you begin. You'll usually recognize what you're deleting when you find the path occurance.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Spoonman, right click the task bar on the bottum and go to properties. Then go to advance tab and click on the clear button. This will remove any previous entries you may of had.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hmm, didn't know about that! I guess even us experts can learn a thing or two. I have yet to see that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.