Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new to these forums. Not sure if I have the right forum for this but I need to know how to edit the menu of my mouse. When I right click, I can see menu items there but I want to add some items (applications) and remove others. I have an XP operating system. All help is appreciated.

Chesman

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Hi,

I am unsure of what you are trying to accomplish. Do you mean add applications when you right click on a file? Please post with more detail.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
If you right click on a file, you will see an Open With option, and it will either lead to another menu, or open another window. Here you can choose to add programs to this Open With list. You will have to navigate to the program in the Program Files folder or the Windows folder. It will look something like this, although it will be different since I am using Linux. I can get more specfic screenshots if you need them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the menu

If you right click on a file, you will see an Open With option, and it will either lead to another menu, or open another window. Here you can choose to add programs to this Open With list. You will have to navigate to the program in the Program Files folder or the Windows folder. It will look something like this, although it will be different since I am using Linux. I can get more specfic screenshots if you need them.

Matt,
Please see the attached image. It shows the menu I am trying to describe.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks HW. From the description of context menu, it seems you knew exactly what I wanted. Context menu, however, seems to have such a low user rating that I am reluctant to try it. Also, considering your advise on onerous registry editing, I think I will worry about the effort at a later date.

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.