Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded Aptoide to my Android phone to try get a duplicate of a Google play app, like I had done with the Amazon appstore, but rather than giving me another it took over the original GP app. I've deleted both and reinstalled several times but when I sign in to the app it reverts to the Aptoide version every time. I've deleted all Aptoide files I can find and downloaded 'cleaner' apps to delete hidden files but nothing changes. Next step is a reset unless anyone has any ideas? Thanks.

(Don't know if it's relevant but the app is Clash Of Kings)

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,616 Posts
I'm not familiar with that app, but I believe it's an online game, which means it has its own user account management system (unless it uses the Google Play Games service to manage gamer profiles) and you need an online account to use it, correct? In that case, it doesn't matter whether you downloaded it from GP or Aptiode, what matters is the account that you use for your gamer profile, which is stored in the cloud and not on your device, so the question is, is the account linked to a Google/Gmail account? If you accidentally started a new game/campaign while using the same account, then lost your old progress as a result, then there is nothing you can do to get it back, unless the developer(s) have a way of restoring your old progress from a backup. A factory reset won't work either, because the gamer's profile is stored in the cloud. It's current state will simply get reinstated when you add the account back to your phone.

·
Registered
BSOD Analyst Student at Sysnative com
339 Posts
1. When you say delete do you mean uninstall? If you long press on the icon and choose app options, then choose to uninstall. That should get rid of it and revert whatever changes it made.

2. Was it an APK you downloaded from another source? If so, you had to toggle "allow downloads from other sources" which is a mistake unless you really know what you're doing.

If your choice was #2, there is not much you can do other than a factory reset.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not familiar with that app, but I believe it's an online game, which means it has its own user account management system (unless it uses the Google Play Games service to manage gamer profiles) and you need an online account to use it, correct? In that case, it doesn't matter whether you downloaded it from GP or Aptiode, what matters is the account that you use for your gamer profile, which is stored in the cloud and not on your device, so the question is, is the account linked to a Google/Gmail account? If you accidentally started a new game/campaign while using the same account, then lost your old progress as a result, then there is nothing you can do to get it back, unless the developer(s) have a way of restoring your old progress from a backup. A factory reset won't work either, because the gamer's profile is stored in the cloud. It's current state will simply get reinstated when you add the account back to your phone.
It is connected to a Google Play email/game account but is only affected on this phone. I logged in using the same game profile and Google gamer profile on another phone and have no issues with it.
When Aptoide opened it the first time it changed my region and currency to US and it reverts to that every time I log in on this phone.
It is linked to a Google account but when I log in on another phone using the same game account and Google game account I don't have any issues. I tried logging in using a different game account and Google account on this phone and I'm having the same problem, which is why I think it has something to do with Aptoide and not Google.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. When you say delete do you mean uninstall? If you long press on the icon and choose app options, then choose to uninstall. That should get rid of it and revert whatever changes it made.

2. Was it an APK you downloaded from another source? If so, you had to toggle "allow downloads from other sources" which is a mistake unless you really know what you're doing.

If your choice was #2, there is not much you can do other than a factory reset.
Yes I did as you said above, uninstalled, but it didn't revert to what it was.
It was an APK and I know now unfortunately that it was a mistake.

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,616 Posts
It is connected to a Google Play email/game account but is only affected on this phone. I logged in using the same game profile and Google gamer profile on another phone and have no issues with it.
When Aptoide opened it the first time it changed my region and currency to US and it reverts to that every time I log in on this phone.

It is linked to a Google account but when I log in on another phone using the same game account and Google game account I don't have any issues. I tried logging in using a different game account and Google account on this phone and I'm having the same problem, which is why I think it has something to do with Aptoide and not Google.
That can only mean that the device's profile is also linked to that game's profile, so even though the same Google account is used, two different game profiles are linked to that one account with each profile linked to respective devices. Part of that device's profile is its locale, which the Aptoide marketplace "altered" to bypass geo restrictions. I doubt there's much you can do here. Perhaps a factory reset will change the device's profile to unlink it to that game profile. You could try contacting Aptoide or that game's support team and see if there is anything they can do about it. You could also look at the Aptoide app settings for an option to change the locale if it exists.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got no reply from Aptoide and the reply I got from the game's support team was basically 'we don't have time for that, try the faqs'.
I'll do a reset and hope that works.
Thanks for your time and help, appreciate it. 👍

·
Banned
1 Posts
  1. Aptoide is the application tray. Tap on the information icon of the application to access the Aptoide tab in Android.
  2. Open the application's datasheet. Use the Uninstall button to start the uninstall.
  3. Uninstall button. Tap on OK to confirm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts