Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to create an exception in windows firewall so I can play my game. I have windows10 on 4 computers but my newest laptop wont go to my games site it says there is something wrong with the security certificate. I have been playing games on this games site for about 10 years with no real problems. I have norton security on this latest laptop, I have never liked norton
but decided to give it another chance on my latest laptop. Now I dont know if its the firewall or norton causing this problem but i'me biased against norton, still going to give it a chance though so i'll concentrate on creating an exception in the firewall first. Can someone tell me how to do this in windows10?:grin:

·
Registered
40,870 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh norton was the problem I've used the tool to uninstall it. I dont need to create an exception now I can play my game. I still have one problem though I have used search everything and I have found loads of norton files which I cant delete it says Inneed to provide administer privlage to do this I thought I was the administrator can someone tell me how to get around this because Imhate norton. I have installed malwarebytes.

·
Moderator TSF, Hardware Team Moderator
5,416 Posts
Yeh norton was the problem I've used the tool to uninstall it. I dont need to create an exception now I can play my game. I still have one problem though I have used search everything and I have found loads of norton files which I cant delete it says Inneed to provide administer privlage to do this I thought I was the administrator can someone tell me how to get around this because Imhate norton. I have installed malwarebytes.
Right-click Search Everything and select run as administrator.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I right clicked search everything and ran it as administrator and deleted al but 8 Norton filesm which would'ent let me one was the quarantine file, i'll keep working at it until I
I rid my computer of this vile anti virus app, thanks all for the help.

·
Registered
40,870 Posts
You can restart the computer and press F8 continuously. In the Advanced Boot Menu choose Safe Mode with Networking. Try the Norton Removal tool again, then find the leftover files, and right click them and choose Properties/Security tab/Advanced/
Take ownership of the file Full Control, then delete it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could'ent get into safe mode using the f8 key so I got into it by using msconfig in the command prompt and checked safe boot. I right clicked on the norton files and then clicked on open with which took them to a prefetch folder where I could delete them, I forgot you said click on properties which would have worked as well. I am now free of norton the laptop is now mine. Thanks all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.