Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to be able to check the digital signature of a .cab file signed using signtool.
My technique is to open the file using CryptQueryObject and use the various crypto apis to fish out the file hash from the SPC_INDIRECT_DATA structure. so far so good, but when I try and compute the hash of the .cab file in order to compare the 2 hashes to determine if the file has been tampered with, the 2 hashes don't agree. I must say I have not tampered with the file. My question is which fields of the .cab file do I need to include in the hash, or can someone point me to a place where I can find that information. I already have a document from msdn about authenticode signing of p.e. files.

·
Banned
173 Posts
I think its a clear case of virus attack on your computer , which causing such hasles , on your computer .
if you already have any antivirus on your installed on your compute , try to scan your computer after upgrading it ,
If you don't have any antivirus i would suggest you to download and install antivirus software on your computer .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.