Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am very new to Fedora core 3 Server. I have configure this Server to our Email Server. There is no Graphical User Interface everything I am doing in a character User Interface.

I have bought a new Panora UPS ( Auto Shutdown UPS). How can I attach this UPS to my Fedora Core 3 Server. How I can configure that Server to Auto Shut down when Power goes. How can I do this?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Google "power saver linux howto" and pick on of the topics for laptops. The one I looked at gives enough info for setting up your system. Your Fedora core 3 is a little out of date. The APCI interface is always being "fixed" so your machine may not get the current software.

As an interum fix. Just plug your PC into the UPS. Don't plug your monitor or printer into the UPS, they draw too much power. If the power drops are transient enough, less than 5 minutes, they power should be back on before you have to shut down. If you plug too much into into the UPS, the UPS circuitry will try to protect itself and will shut itself off before the UPS is harmed.

OR

When the power quits. Plug the UPS into itself. It will then run "forever". ;->

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.