Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pass The Oreos
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Need your expertise on this one, I'm using Thinkpad T41 and it says on the net to press "AccessIBM" button to access Bios setup but it doesn't seem to respond and it continue loading Ubuntu. I tried F12 and it showed a menu to choose what device to boot, F2 and F8 nothing happens. Is there a possibility that Ubuntu changed the way I can access Thinkpad bios? or did the AccessIBM button got disabled?

I checked our friend Google and it says a lot of stuff about binding keys and I'm just wondering if you guys can tell me a shortcut since I'm just starting to learn Linux. Please advise.

Here's my specs:
Thinkpad T41 running
Intel 1.7ghz
2 gb ram
80 gb hd
Ubuntu 11.10

Thanks in advance.

·
Alternative Computing, Moderator
2,754 Posts
Installing Ubuntu will not deny you access to BIOS, your AccessIBM button may be faulty.
I would email Lenovo support if you dont find a solution.

·
Pass The Oreos
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks for the input, Hal. I'm not sure if the button is faulty but whenever I boot up my machine I have this message saying, "Press AccessIBM to interrupt startup...... something like that" then if I press AccessIBM button that message will be gone and it looks like it will load something but then again it will just to straight to the Ubuntu loading logo and continue booting the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.