Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have an old PC that I wanna sell, but I don't know how much it's worth. Here are the specs:

Hewlett Packard Pavilion
Windows 98
About 5 years old
319 MB Ram (upgraded twice from 64MB)
600 MHz processor
10.2 Hard-Drive
48X Max CD-ROM Speed
Added CD-Burner

Thanks for any help! :grin:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unfortunately computers get antiquated pretty fast. New computers go for only a few hundred dollars or less for 2GHz and even faster. You would probably be better off donating it to the Salvation Army or some other charity. You won't get any money but you will feel good about yourself. Plus, donations can be used as tax breaks. :smile:

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
best advice is to either find a high school student with no pc at all, and see if they want it.

it would be hard pressed to get any money out of it though.

however, since it cost a good 700$ or more when you bought it, you could write it off on your taxes for some fair chunk of that.

not sure how much, but i know you could write it off as a donation for 10x what anyone is going to pay for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not much good to anybody, you might give it to someone if you can find find someone that wnts it. My son in law works in a computer shop and they get bunches of stuff like yousr to get rid of. Sometimes they haves a part or two in them thats still useful.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
I'm sure there's someone out there that would dump 50-60 dollars on a computer like that. Throw in the monitor, keyboard, and mouse, and you may get 85 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.