Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked myself up a new Asus laptop and it's time to ditch the old Dell Desktop XPS Gen 3

Here are the specs:
intel pentium 4 cpu 3.40-3.39 ghz
4.00gb RAM
Radeon X800GT
DVD Rom Drive
DVD + RW Drive
Creative SB Audigy 2
802.11b/g wireless adapter
20" Flatscreen LCD Monitor

I plan on just throwing it up on Craigslist, but I'm not really sure how much would be a fair selling price. Thanks in advance for your help. :grin:

·
Registered
25,110 Posts
You probably won't like my thought on this, but since the technology is very old and the video card is lacking, I think you would be very lucky to get $200 for the total unit, but if it were mine, I would start there and get what the market determines.

It is very hard to compete with the Wal Mart store when one can use a credit card to purchase and have no money to pay immediately and their units are newer technology and very cheap in price.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
As a unit, I'd agree with my Team Mates. $100 to $200 depending on the brand/model and condition of the LCD.
Parting it out may be a better choice. Older RAM can bring a nice price. A good brand 20" LCD is always a fast mover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for the replies.

I'm not surprised by the estimates given, as it is almost 6 years old. I am just looking to get what I can out of it and hopefully someone will be able to put it to good use. For clarification's sake, the 20" screen is an Acer AL2016W monitor in perfect condition.

With regards to what Tyree responded with, I agree that parting it out may be the best way to go, but I am not really interested in listing everything on Ebay, and would prefer to just get it off my hands ASAP. The 50-75 more that I make would not be worth it to me.

·
Banned
4,862 Posts
4GB of DDR RAM could go for $70-100 all on its own, especially if it's 333 or 400MHz.. The CPU might go for $20-30, the DVD RAM $15, DVD burner $20, wireless card probably $15-25, sound card $25-35, monitor maybe $75. Parting it out may be the best thing to do.

·
Emeritus
51,675 Posts
There are other options than E-Bay. I dump a lot of used parts on Craigslist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.