Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i've been using my dads computer and somehow he is able to see when I am logging in and out of his PC. He has a windows 7 and i have a hunch that he is using the event viewer program to see this. SO i go and clear the event logs, but it leaves a log that says that the logs have been cleared, so its rather counterproductive. Is there any way to temporarily stop the event log from recording events?

or do you think he is doing something else to see when i am logging on and off
Thanks

·
TSF - Enthusiast
1,835 Posts
IMHO, since he owns the computer and since you are his child, I will not help you get around the controls he has put in place on HIS machine. He has his reasons for what he is doing and it is not my place to help you get around them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's your dad's computer, he can do whatever he wants :p.
That being said, it probably is event viewer, but it could be any other third-party program as well. He could also have the router on your network set to record websites visited, when they were visited, and by which machine. So if you're going onto the internet he could find that out by looking at the router logs which he could have the router set to send to any computer he wants.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.