Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the MFC42.dll when burning cd with MusicMatch. Everything else is running fine on my PC.

There is no separate MFC42.dll in MM directory. I see many MFC42.dll files in all kinds of folders, but not in MM. Does that mean the System MFC42.dll is corrupted?

If I want to fix my MM problem, do I have to replace the /system/MFC42.dll? What will this do to all other programs on my PC?

Please give me your complete answer because I don't really know much about PC operating system.

Thank you much.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
hey there...
you said you see multiple copies of that file in your system..that might the problem. It is only supposed to exist in /system folder in windows...only problem is, if you try to do anything with the other copies, you might get an access violation notice since its a system file..what you can do is rename all of the other mfc42.dll files to mfc42.old...try to find each of these files and rename them and reboot and repeat until you have renamed them all but one in the system folder...if this doesnt work, try renaming one in the system folder to mfc42.old and downloading new copy of fmc42.dll in system folder. you can download fresh copy here please read the instructions before downloading...aight?

HTH, later :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.