Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you "Un-default" if you accidentally chose to defaut to the wrong program?

Hello all, I was opening an attachment with a .tif file and it asked me what program I wanted to open it with and a box was checked to "always use this program by default". Now everything is opening in Kodak's software but I want to open.tifs in something else. How can I "Un-default" Kodak Easy Share and choose a different program? Thanks in advance. :wave:

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is a couple of ways you can do this.

You can right click on the file and then choose Open With and Choose Program. Now you should be in the Open With window. Select what program you want .tif files to open up with and then place a check mark by Always use the selected program to open this kind of file.

The second way is similar but is for when you want to associate a certain file type with a program, and you don't have any actual files to right click on.
Start > My Documents > Tools > Folder Options > Files types tab. Pic a file type under Registered file types and then click the Change... button.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch for the info. The first path worked but for whatever reason it didn't apply. The second path you described worked perfectly! Thanks again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.