Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I think I have a relatively simple question, but I don't know if the answer is simple.

I currently have a Dell home desktop computer, which came pre-loaded with Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 and Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. I will soon be getting a laptop computer, and I know that I will have to buy a stand-alone version of Microsoft Office (along with Outlook) for it because the Microsoft OEM license will not allow me to load that same version onto my laptop. I have a small portable hard-drive where I can transfer all of my documents between computers, so there should not be a problem in keeping my files updated between computers.

My question is this. Since the pst file for Outlook does not reside in the Documents area, what is the process for transferring my Outlook data file to my new laptop? After that, how do I keep updating my Outlook files between computers? Is it as simple as copying the pst file from one computer and copying it to the other computer?

I'm hoping the answer is relatively easy, but would like to verify it with someone knowledgeable out there who has already done this.

Thanks, :pray:

Mike :pray:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.