Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alot of the videos I have to view for work are in a quicktime format and I cant get a full screen. How can I get a full screen or change the settings in firefox to always open videos with windows media? I tried to adjust the settings in firefox but they just reset themselves..

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi hitman

Unless the Quicktime videos are in a rarely-used older quicktime format (version 2), you have to open them with Quicktime. Windows Media players compatible with Win9x/Me cannot play videos with the QuickTime/iTunes formats .mov, .qt, .aac, or m4p ('protected aac').

As you've noticed, QuickTime does not display videos full-screen by default unless you pay for the premium version of QuickTime, "Quick Time Pro", which I believe is around $30.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2 user accounts on my computer and on the other account I went into setting so it plays absoluetly everything in Windows media. But I dont know how I did that.

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi again

If your work videos use one of those older quicktime formats (version 2.0 or prior), then yes - Windows Media Player can play them. To have WMP play such files by default is simply a setting ... in the WMP toolbar>> Tools > Options > File Types.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.