Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i view this site ...http://www.animeanime.jp/schedule/index.html... as well as some other sites i get strange characters such as
ƒ}ƒ“ƒK‚Í�¢ŠE‚łǂꂾ‚¯“Ç‚Ü‚ê‚Ä‚¢‚é‚Ì‚©�H(“Œ‹ž�E˜Z–{–Ø)...
how ever when i view other sites like ....http://www.animeanime.jp/...
japanese shows up perfect...
does anyone know how i may fix this issue...
it has the same affect as when i view it in IE7
i am currently running Firefox 3 and i have the eat asian language thing ticked in regional languages and am running xp

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
You'll need to add support for eastern languages in the windows regional options in the 'languages' tab. I believe japanese is included in the 'east asian languges' pack, but you may need your XP cd handy in order to install it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i understand that. And i did that months ago because i thought it worked. I checked again and both are ticked in the languages tab...it should work but maybe i need something else for those sites...
do you know what i may need to do?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aswell for some unknown reason the message you sent back to me containing my thread and your thread.My thread showed it as actual japanese characters...then i checked the site again from link in email and it still did not work.
It would still show a bunch of f, and other wierd characters.:4-dontkno

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Perhaps you have the wrong encoding selected in firefox? In FF3, there's a dedicated area for languages in the settings.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This area?? is it in tools --> Options --> then "content" tab --> then languages bit where it sais choose your preferred language for viewing pages... if it is not then may you tell me the location for this language option you were talking about since i do not have a settings in tool bar

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
That's where it should be... and then you can add character sets and change the order of preference that they are displayed.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Should be worth trying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also searched "How Do I view japanese on japanese sites in Mozilla" in google and saw that it read as actual japanese characters...does it have to do with the websites build and implementation?

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
It's possible - I know there are different ways for websites to identify a character set, so maybe some of them are doing it differently than others.

Beside that though, I haven't a clue what else it could be...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i came across someone that who i told my problem too, she said that is may be because the site is a index and that the computer hosting that site doesn't support languages or something...
but i think there may be a bit more to it than that but its a answer im gonna have to leave with since im tired of this searching.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.