Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the process of trying to setup a home network for the first time. My setup is:

Mesh PC connected by Ethernet cable to a LinkSys Wireless Router (WAG54G). My laptop has a built-in wireless card and I’d like it to communicate wirelessly through the router to the Mesh PC and vice a versa. I do not need the Linksys router to connect up to the Internet and share the Internet connection because I am still on dial-up and NOT broadband. I understand that it is quite tricky to share a dial-up modems connection through the router so if this is true, I’m happy to use each machine to connect to the Internet independently.

My problem is that I don’t know how to set up the Linksys router. The quick reference guide and user manual talk about connecting to Linksys’ web-based utility on the Internet but all of it is geared towards users who are using broadband.

How can I set up the router for the network I am trying to create - 2 pc's communicating to one another and no connection to the Internet?

From a frustrated network newbie.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The first thing you need to do is hardwire into the router, you seem to have already done that. Then go to the router's web interface via your web browser. Simply type in the IP Address (which can be found in your documentation) in the address bar of your web browser. The IP address should be something like 192.168.x.x, where the x's are a combination of 0-2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.