Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sort of new to upgrading computers, i've already put in more mem a new agp video card, and upped my virtual memory...but, i'm not sure what to do when it comes to my cpu(it needs to be replaced BAD!) so i've been researching and still can't find any anwsers,...maybe if someone knew what was wrong with it they could tell me what to do?

I installed LOTR: battle for middle earth no my computer and it won't run fully, it gets to a certain point and then the computer simply and quickly shuts off. Theres no shut down screen it just goes black and theres no response... and it's done this with DVDs and Dawn of WAR video games

I know that my t3306 really isn't a gaming machine, but i just wanted these two, so it shouldn't have a problem with 1gig of memory and a newer video card, right? it has to be the cpu... can anyone help me?

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
without knowing all your specs it could be power related, your power supply may have seen better days and not be up to the job once you start to put your system under strain

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ infernalbird
Welcome to TSF:smile:
If this is your t3306 eMachine, then I would agree with blackduck and say that it could be your PSU. Your CPU is not what is holding you back at this time unless you have bumped or removed your HSF from the CPU lately and your system is overheating and crashing. You might want to install a program like MotherboardMonitor5(MBM5) from my sig to monitor temperatures. 'Everest' from my sig can also do the same.

Adding the extra RAM and particularly a video card will add extra power requirements for your system and your PSU may not be powerful enough to support these upgrades. What video card did you add?

So to recap:
What video card did you add?
What are your CPU and case temps at idle and under load(during gaming)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.