Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soo i went out n got this xtasy 9200 se 128mb pci card right. got a window xp and was taking out the old card to install this new one. the pci card fit in perfect but wen i turn on the computer the wall paper i customize was smaller n notice that the icons were gone. only to fine out later that they wornt gone but was 2 miles west of the screen. meaning its on the screen but not visible cuz its all the way to the left outside the screen. get? look at ur edges of ur monitor right now, n picture 1 feet to its left where the screen cant go theres icons n stuff. how am i to start the installation of the card wen i load it n i cant see it cuz its outside of the scree. i tryed adjusting the monitor but its limited n wont work to make the things visible. help plz

·
Aut viam inveniam aut fac
1,013 Posts
Install the hardware, and boot into safemode. by pressing F8 after your bios screen.
Safe mode will force a low resolution.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok the installation guide said to turn off power to cpu n moniter. after that unplug the power cable n the monitor cable from cpu. install the hardware n REDIRECT the monitor cable plug into the new card and turn on power. soo i did it all but wen i turn on the computer the cpu is working but the monitor is blank, black, notin was on it. no icons no start buton no NOTHING. any ideals on why my pcu is slacking off?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i did what u said STINEHART but it dint work. i installed the card turn back on the power but it doesnt show the dell loading screen. screen was late in showing it everytime the card was installed. all i see when i turn it on is that the pcu is starting up but the monitor was slow to show until the deskstop already up. argg xtasy is stinky cant even call them cuz its there off hours. n there support site isnt even working soo call "underconstrution" was stated. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yoo stinehart thanks man. that site is da BOMB! helped me out alot. even though i ran into headaches of problems trying to do what it said I came through. like 4u to now that this as of right now im writing this on my new video card. LOL THANKS A BUNDA YOO. :razz: yo this tech support site is the best. ima recommended to every1 on C&C GENERALS when i log on in a few minz weee. but 1 thing though even though this thing is installed. a message showed up that this hardwar mitgh not work properly.? any calls to what it means?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok soo the card is now and i took the old card out. but the stupid computer keep detecting new hardware each time the computer turns on. n it installs the software automaticly n it i guess clashes witht the new card n i get crap. i try to control panel uninstall the intel extreme graphic shiz, went to device manager n uninstall and disable the dam thing but it computer detects n adds it auto each time i turn the dam thing on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.