Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so i just bought windows 7 since they no longer sell windows vista. Ok but heres the thing my computer has recently crashed and they told us we needed to reinstall vista or get windows 7 but my computer starts up but the screen is all black and theirs like no signal for my monitor and I don't know how to boot up windows 7 to install it. I can't take it back since I opened it already.

Can I hook my computer up to another computer and install windows 7 to the computer that way?

Edit: My computer also makes a annoying beeping sound. It also has no reset button so I can't try to reset it and for some reason when I plug it in it wont turn off.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,253 Posts
Ok so i just bought windows 7 since they no longer sell windows vista. Ok but heres the thing my computer has recently crashed and they told us we needed to reinstall vista or get windows 7 but my computer starts up but the screen is all black and theirs like no signal for my monitor and I don't know how to boot up windows 7 to install it. I can't take it back since I opened it already.

Who told you you needed to reinstall? . . What is the Brand and Model of the PC? Is it a Desktop or Laptop? Can you enter BIOS?

Can I hook my computer up to another computer and install windows 7 to the computer that way?

No

Edit: My computer also makes a annoying beeping sound. It also has no reset button so I can't try to reset it and for some reason when I plug it in it wont turn off.

The beep sound is a diagnostic code. Once we know the Brand and Model, we should be able to tell you what it means.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
54,253 Posts
BIOS is the Basic Input/Output System that the operating system runs from. Did your father talk with HP support? , , what did they say the beeps were?

To install Windowss 7, enter BIOS and set the first boot device as DVD drive. Then reboot with the win7 install disc in the DVD drive.

To enter BIOS, look for a prompt on the screen to "Press XXX to enter Setup" when you first turn the power on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.