Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

this is hopefully an easy one: I just bought a A7N8X Deluxe mobo, and ASUS Probe reports its BIOS as being

ASUS A7N8X2.0 Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1003

ASUS site states that it is important to correctly identify PCB revision because 2.x series is incompatible with 1.0x . However, I could not find there exact instructions on how to spot this info on the mobo. So, can I trust that the 2.0 right after A7N8X above means this is a 2.x rev? If not, where can I find this info?

(I know that I should be able to use ASUS Update utility, but the one that came with my mobo is older than the latest available, and I simply can't seem to be able to download the latest one -- US ftp site refuses connections, and ftp.asuscom.de times out repeatedly. If anyone could point me a mirror... my ASUS Update version is 3.41.03)

TIA

Andre

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would think that means you have a 2.0, but to be sure, look between PCI slots 2 & 3 (counting from the AGP slot side) and see the board part number. In small letters to the right is your Rev. number.:winkgrin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thks Jonnyquong, I realized that after I sent the message, but I forgot to update this thread. Thks a lot anyway -- and, yes, it is a Rev 2.0 ;)

Best,

Andre

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.