Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the dillio.:D My buddy has a Dell 4500 and was getting some script errors when he visited some websites. :confused: I suggested a repair, seeing as that was the advice that I had received when I had the same problem.:mad: Now, my friend does the repair, and all seems to go fine until it comes time for Windows to athenticate or validate or whatever you call it. Then the problems begin. First it asks him which user he wants to log on with. He says he's only ever had one user, but Windows has him listed twice.:eek: He has tried both user id's. Each time, (after he selects an id) Windows attempts to connect to the validation site, and each time it says that his network is not conected and he should go and check his preferences to fix this. This would work except for one small factor. He has to choose a user id and log in. :eek: Back to where he started, Windows trying to connect to the validation site, telling him he's not connected,now followed by hair pulling and nashing of teeth.:eek:

What I was thinking of attempting, was to hook his hard drive up to my computer in order to save personal files, pictures and stuff and then doing a clean reinstall.
Will his drive slave to mine(I have the same system) without me having to format his drive first?
Does anyone have an alternative to my suggestion?

I thank all that respond in advance.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Woo hoo:D
I AM THE MAN:cool:
Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, everything went as smooth as butter. I installed my buddies drive into my computer, saved everything that was important and wiped the rest. It went so smooth, I can honestly say that I'm not gonna be taking my puter to the shop the next time something like this happens.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Congrats Hempy... you did exactly what I would have told you to... guess too little too late, but good job either way....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.