Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i disable this stupid touchpad!?!?!

Please help. I checked in the device manager and i am unable to find the touchpad anywhere.

I have a IBM thinkpad T41

Thanks!

·
Banned
102 Posts
Hi rlgsbs,

Go into Device Manager again and look under the heading "Mice and other pointing devices". You should find it under that heading. Then right click and choose "Disable".

*Edit*

The Think Pad uses a "ThinkPad UltraNav" pointing device. You should see that under "Mice and other pointing devices" heading.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Im assuming you want the touchpad to be disabled and you would like to use a mouse. You could try going into your BIOS and see if there is a setting that will not allow it to use both at the same time and disable the touchpad when a mouse is plugged in.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I was trying to do this to mine a couple of months ago and after a lot of research I discovered the only way was to physically unplug it by dismantling the computer. With some computers it is probably possible as the previous replies say.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I wonder if there is any program out there that could disable it. If you cant find anything to disable it i suppose you could cover it with something, but that could get annoying. Yeah with my HP theres just a button right above the touchpad and i just have to push that to disable it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all i will try tonight. And i will reply!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.