Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at the tech specs for fear on gamespot and i wondered how well my sistem would run it, it has been out in US for 3 days now so some of you must have it. Can you report some of your frame rates/detail levels?

My spec:

3000+ Athlon 64
1024Mb Ram~400Mhz
128mb Geforce 6 6600GT

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on someone must own this game, can someone plaease give me a frame rate for a system that is close to mine and tell me the detail level please

·
TSF Emeritus
26,228 Posts
Have you tried downloading the demo? That way you'll get the exact information you want.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My specs:

AMD 64 3200
OCZ Premier series 1 GB dual channel
ATI X800 XL
Audigy 2 ZS Gamer

I set it to autodetect my settings and it called my system a 'medium.' I'd like to see what a 'maximum' was. Even on autodetect, it gets pretty chunky a lot (between 15 and 50 fps).

One more piece of advice. It's damn scary. Don't play this alone. :sayno: Even playing with a friend, we screamed like girls.

Cheers,
Al

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help! although that has worried me a bit because your graphics card is better than mine and you still can only run it on medium, i want it to look good you know? because if you don't have all the real-dynamic lighting then it will take away from the experience. :deveous:

·
Registered
35 Posts
VolvoNut said:
My specs:

AMD 64 3200
OCZ Premier series 1 GB dual channel
ATI X800 XL
Audigy 2 ZS Gamer

I set it to autodetect my settings and it called my system a 'medium.' I'd like to see what a 'maximum' was. Even on autodetect, it gets pretty chunky a lot (between 15 and 50 fps).

Al
Mine does ok, not a 7800GTX or nothin' but very playable:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/drwngflies/FEAR_settings.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/drwngflies/FEAR_bench.jpg

Something to note:
Soft Shadows and full screen AA will negate another, so choose one or the other, not both.
A friend of mine has a Intel Prescott core, (3.'something') not sure of speed, and a 6600GT 128MB(AGP) and he gets about 48 fps avg in same bench on med. he does well in game against me, so a 6600Gt will do you fine, for now with FEAR.
This (6600GT) was my old card, and I used to have a 3000+ before this, and it clocked to 2.2GHz easy, something to consider...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@drwngflies, what are your specs? because that benchmark is great for the settings, i saw alot of things on max there :grin: .

@TheTOM_SK, sorry but thats not what i am looking for but thanks for being informative.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Uhhhh.... You mean besides these... In My Sig?
6'1" tall / 190# LOL

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol didnt see that :laugh: , anyways you have an athlon x2 4400 and a bfg 6800gt which is OC'ed, i doubt my system will run it anyway near that :sad:

·
Macintosh Methodology Wizard - TSF Retired
13,606 Posts
ya, i say download and try the demo. i did and my computer did fine. i hate scarry things ( tv shows, movies, games and such) but i am driven to go get this game for some reason. i will, but after it comes down in price first.
specs at the time:
amd 3200+xp oc to 2.33
512mb ram dual channel oc to 420mhz
xfx nvidia 6600gt 128mb oc to 550mhz gpu/1100mhz ram
abit an7 mobo
160gig western digital ata/100 hd
now:
1gig ram dual channel +256mb oc to 420mhz
160gig western digital sata hd
think i'll try the demo again and tell you how it did.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Specs below...

I downloaded the demo and got it to work fine after setting it to maximum. Some jerkiness now and then but it's likely because I had tons of other thigns going on at the same time.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
I have friends who are FAR worse than that. "Yeah, my x2 4400+ seems to be lagging when emulating Deep Blue, Earth Simulator, and calculating the mass of the galaxy. Yeah, I think I need something better. And when I play FEAR on maximum with 8x AA and 16AF on my overclocked dual-GPU 7800GTX it tends to go below 200fps at times. It really sucks." Even so, I think the engine for FEAR was well done considering how good it looks even on "low-end" PCs.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sounds good, fear arrived in the post today but i havent had a chance to play becos my 6600gt is still on its way, though from what you all said sounds like its gonna look pretty dam good!!!!

·
Resident Alchemist
1,240 Posts
I have friends who are FAR worse than that. "Yeah, my x2 4400+ seems to be lagging when emulating Deep Blue, Earth Simulator, and calculating the mass of the galaxy. Yeah, I think I need something better. And when I play FEAR on maximum with 8x AA and 16AF on my overclocked dual-GPU 7800GTX it tends to go below 200fps at times. It really sucks." Even so, I think the engine for FEAR was well done considering how good it looks even on "low-end" PCs.
how much does that cost?

Dood Luk07 just tweak the game until you get your new card.

my comp is a Pentium D(dual core) 2.8 512ram ATI Radeon 128 X600Se PCI express. and i run doom3 on Ultra without the AA or special effects. You just gotta tweak the game if you dont have the good stuff

whats blue earth?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
umm i dont think you realize quite what gfx card i am using mate, an ATI Rage 128 Pro (16mb), believe me it cant run fear at all so tweaking wouldnt help one bit here. I am RMAing my old 6600GT, and i am sending it back today when i get home, but it will still probably be next week before i get to play it!!

·
Resident Alchemist
1,240 Posts
i can only run it on 800x600 with most of the settings on medium.. i need more ram and a new Card like say X700/800....

also is it me or is FEAR one of the most bugged games youve ever played? it took me 4 hours to finally install it after i fixed my comp. adn i stil hate the fact that you can minimize out of it if you desktop screen isnt the same rez. still a great game tho.... i give it a 8.5(those glitches took aways the extra 1.5)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.