Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

can I use the S-ATA ports on my Asus A8N SLI Deluxe only for a RAID- or JBOD-array with 2 up to 4 harddisks? What about for example a card reader with S-ATA interface? Or an normal IDE harddisk toether with an IDE/S-ATA-adapter?

Bye
Juergen

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
Welcome to TSF:

There are usually at least two different sata controllers on most motherboards / one of the controllers will run sata drives in a typical configuration (one or two drives) the other controller will be a sata raid controller ~~ this controller is used for the raid set-ups

what is your goal ????? what would you like to do ?????

you will need to get the drivers onto a floppy disk for which ever controller you choose / if you want the most painless way out ~~ buy a PCI sata controller card (promise brand) from newegg.com they are about $35.00 to $40.00 they are VERY easy to set-up as they run on their own bios !! alot less configuring and fighting ~~ many guys will say why buy a sata controller card when you have a sata capable motherboard and they are right ~~ as long as you are up for the tougher fight= learning more info ???????

regards

joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, my mistake. The S-ATA-Cable is red and so I plugged it in one of the red S-ATA-connectors on the mainboard. But that are the conncetor from the SIL3114-RAID-controller. I was a little bit sleepy at that evening :sad:

Plugged into the S-ATA-connectors of the NVidia-Chip the harddisk and other things are been correctly detected by the BIOS.

Bye
Juergen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.