Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, My toshiba laptop just went out of warranty and my sister got some bad virus that I thought was smitfraud, but all the scans I did and everything I tried I thought I got rid of it yesterday and then it came back, I don't have anything I want to backup from this PC I just got it back from techsupport last week as this model laptop Toshiba a75-s2762 has overheating problems. When we bought the laptop it did not come with any restore/xp disks, they told us that you have to do it from the partition, and I can't seem to remember how to do it. So I went into C:/windows and then into the i386, ( i think it was) and then went into the windowsnt setup and tried to reinstall but it said I cannot install 2 os' on the same partition.

I'm really desperate to find an answer and was wondering if anyone here could guide me through how to do this.

Once again, I want to do a clean install of windows xp, getting rid of everything on there now so I can get rid of these trojan viruses for good, but since the OEM was preinstalled Toshiba didn't give me the disk. How can I do this with my current system w.o purchasing a new XP disk?

Thanks and regards!:wink:

T

·
0 Posts
I would first call Toshiba Customer Care and telling you about your issue. I yelled at Dell once because they did not bother to send any disk with my computer and I got it sent to me free s/h within 2 business days. Just talk with them and if you have to raise your voice with your Manufacturer but only if they are not going to send you the disk. They can but it just takes work, and it sometimes works. You can also be sent to there supervisor and he will always do anything to make the customer happy :wink:.

You could also borrow a friends disk as long as you have a product key, and the same OS disk that matches with your OS. Then when you have the disk and product key, format and reinstall Windows.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
As a last resort you may want to read this article on how to make a Windows Installation CD from your I386 folder.

I have not tried the above method and I don't know if it will work or not. Use at your own risk. Be sure to backup any essential files/data before following the above steps. If possible contact your PC manufacturer first to see if you can get the CD from them.

BMR777

·
Premium Member
19,585 Posts
try pressing and holding the 0 (zero) key when you turn on the power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.