Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend running Windows 98 and is unable to see some jpeg pictures taken today because the pictures are showing up dark on his monitor. I can see the same pictures crystal clear on my monitor...I am running XP. I know how to lighten the monitor in XP but can someone tell me how to lighten it in 98 please.

thanx

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Have you tried right click on the desktop and , properties, settings tab, advanced, (The video card should be on a tab) select it and there should be atab or menu selection for color correction. There is a slider here to adjust contrast and brightness.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for responding.....I thought the same thing but he said that there is no "advanced" tab.

·
1,438 Posts
Also, the monitor itself should have adjustment buttons on it; either through a menu which you flip through by pressing one of (usually) four buttons on the front or bottom or through one of a set of knobs usually behind a drop down panel on the front or base.

In addition, you may want to try an image viewer/ manipulation program such as irfanview
http://www.irfanview.com/
Which allows editing the gamma, contrast , and brightness of the image.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.