Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got it from the school laptop and it attached to my usb. when i got home, i inserted the usb to our computer and it also attached itself there. whenever i delete it, it keeps coming back.

it is an internet explorer file. it has an .exe extension.

i'm sorry but i'm just not good at computers.

Addt'l:

- whenever i start my computer or insert my usb flash drive to another computer it automatically plays the file using windows media player, but the computer says that it has to have a quicktime player to play it.

- also, I insert another usb flash drive to my computer, the file attaches itself to the usb.

my OS is windows XP and my anti virus is AVG 7.5

I tried using spybot but it doesn't work.

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts
Sounds like you have a flash infection.

Try this:

1 - Flash Drive Disinfector
Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

If still no joy, ask for help in the HijackThis Log Help section, after doing this:

Please follow MicroBell's 5 Step process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/hijackthis-log-help/15968-updated-important-read-before-posting-log.html#post342651

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the HijackThis Log Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the HijackThis Log Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.