Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, basically the issue is that because I've had this laptop for such a long time, originally my dad set up the admin password to my old laptop but has now forgotten it, and has no idea what it is. I've tried so many combinations, but we can't remember it.

This shouldn't be too big of an issue, however my laptop had a habit of resetting the date and time every so often. It now believes that the date is 11th November 2010, and because of this I cannot access the Internet at all. All websites are listed as unsafe, and I can't use any games that require internet connection.

When I try to change the date and time, it needs an admin password. I have tried running cmd.exe and changing the date and time that way, nothing. I've tried starting with command prompt and using the net user commands, but all access is denied.

There are two accounts, one which is mine which is a normal user, and the other is called Admin and belongs to my dad. That's the one we don't know the password for.

My system is windows 7, and the laptop is Asus.

Is there any way to get around this? Can I somehow bypass the admin password with some software that is safe? I've tried downloading this iSunshare software onto a hard drive, and opening the program on the old laptop but it requires an admin password to run.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41,127 Posts
A clock that keeps resetting means you need to change the CMOS battery on the motherboard.
As for the Admin password, did you try leaving it blank? As stated, we cannot help you circumvent the Password. To reset your time, boot into Setup (Bios) and reset it here.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.