Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a problem in win 98se thats just started in the last week or so, what happens is the mouse pointer suddenly changes to the hourglass for a second or so but it does this every few seconds which is really annoying, at the same time the i hear the hardrive access for that second or so. All I have running if I do ctrl alt delete is explorer, zonealarm, ccap, nprotect.
if I look at running tasks in system information it is just the normal windows stuff running as well as the norton and zonealarm stuff. Sometimes this problem starts not long after starting windows, other times it could be 30 mins or so. I have run Norton 2003 with the latest updates and found no viruses, I have looked for spyware and adware with various tools but nothing so does anyone have any ideas? I don't really want to have to re-install windows, trouble is my last backup was done just after this problem started.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well for some reason all of a sudden it has stopped doing this! very strange, I have not changed a single thing either, ohwell if it starts again I let you know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It still sounds like some intrusion on to your machine to me.

Just one point when scanning with Norton looking for viruses always have a look in options, settings and check both in manual and auto-protect exclusions have not been set to exclude the very virus you are looking for. Second in XP and ME make sure you have switched off the auto restore b4 scanning and back on after you have finished. Last but by no means least, carry out your full scan in safe mode, most viruses are 32 bit, safe mode is 16 bit, they can't fight back here. Read this article
also this

I hope it helps SuperCub

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.