Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been playing WoW for a little bit now and I've been able to cope with my low fps in 5-10 man raids however as soon as I reach 25 man raids my fps drops down to a miserable 5-10 frames.

Specs:
- Windows Vista x64 SP1
- Nvidia 8800GTX 756mb
- 4GB Corsair RAM (4-4-4-13)
- Quad Core Q6600 G0 Edition (2.4Ghz stock settings)
- Corsair HX620W Modular PSU

I have updated my graphics drivers to version 185.85, I also have a dual boot XP(32bit)-Vista system and running WoW in XP shows no noticeable difference. I have of course tried turning all my settings to the lowest which give no difference and have also tried forcing even lower settings with Nvidia software. I'm not 100% sure on what else I should try so some suggestions would be very much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

Here's an Image, I'm going to run WoW for a bit and then watch the temps and post that screenshot too however i highly doubt it's cooling as there's 7 fans in my PC :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
After about 10 minutes the only thing that raised in temperature was Core 1 and 2 (only around 8 degrees), my 8800 didn't raise any more then 3 degrees during the ten minutes I was running around Dalaran (the most populated town in the game) Pic

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My router is a Billion 5200, if I do need to port forward it do u know which port WoW uses?

EDIT: Just installed latest DX from the link and restarted PC, no change. It's annoying really because the only time I get lag is when other people are around, I have obviously googled the problem and so many other people have got this issue, there has to be a way to fix it.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Wouldn't I need to call my ISP for a static IP? or do u mean my internal IP address that I get when doing a ipconfig in the cmd prompt??

And no, I easily max out my frame rate on all other current games on my PC, games like Assassins Creed, CoD5, Fallout 3 etc.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
Yea you need a internal static IP. its in the guide there.

Good to know the rest of your games work fine!

P.S. its kinda of sad but after not Playing Hitman 4 for around 5 months or so I still have all the paths of where the targets go and I can do it on pro and get the Title Silent Assassin (bonus $150,000) easily.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
3,450 Posts
Just a suggestion, you might also want to try turning off some of the programs you have running in the background there. They could be having conflicts with the game and/or affecting performance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm going to uninstall WoW (with revo), turn off the PC, take out one of my RAM sticks and then reinstall WoW and try playing with 0 background processes running since none of them are essential, I'll post up the results later today when I actually do it :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry about my extremely slow reply but I've been busy recently so haven't been on the computer. I have now tried taking out a stick of RAM and also reinstalled wow using revo. My performance did not drop or increase at all when trying to raid.

I had a little bit more of a look around and found a few threads with similar cases to mine. The people in these examples all were using logitech G15 keyboard software and/or G5/G9 mouse software. unfortunately I don't have a spare keyboard and mouse to try replacing as I use both the G15 and G5 mouse/keyboard setup+software, I'm going to try running my hardware with default windows software and see how that goes, I wont be able to do it any time soon though since I'm kind of busy, when I get my results I'll let you guys know how it went.

If anyone still has suggestions on things I can try I'm still very open to suggestion so fire away please.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
12,841 Posts
With my G9 mouse it still uses the profile I made for it in Vista is still stored inside my mouse., so running the set point driver is unnecessary.

I also use the windows driver for these things.
Sound card
Keyboard

Not too sure what else I think that may be it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.