Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this site. Hope someone out there can help me.

I would like to know if I can export a table into an excel workbook. I have tried to copy and paste, but it's not giving me my headings.

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF.

A little more detail please. Where is this table? Word? A website? Another Excel workbook? Your kitchen? :grin:

The more information you can provide then the greater are our chances of providing you with an answer - that works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry...the more information you get, the better you can help me.

The table is on my microsoft word document. I have 14 columns and 22 rows. I would like to export this table into an excel document. That's where my trouble is. I have searched in the help contents but to no avail. I don't even know if this can be done!

Any help you can give me would be great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I did that but the problem is the columns are not going across the excel spreadsheet like on the table. I loose the headings (they go down the column). Everything else transfers okay just the headings.
:4-dontkno

·
Security Manager, Analyst , Rangemaster, TSF Acade
39,538 Posts
That's why I asked how you do your copy and paste. I highlighted the table in Word, right clicked and chose 'Copy', then went to Excel, right clicked on Cell A1 and chose 'Paste'. Worked fine every time. To have the headings going down the column sounds like you've transposed the data. Or are you trying to actually import the Word table?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.