Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently having a problem with a PC where a trojan of the name of hookdump28 has been installed, following this installation, several time now this pc runs out of memory and keep displaying windows messages such as "out of memory quit all programs ...."
What can I do to remove this, the antivirus (fsecure,fprot) dont seem to work on it.
How should I proceed to remove this on the system ?
Thanks

G

·
Welcome to the forums priscilla............................:D

I have done a few searches for this but have had no luck on finding anything yet..................:no:

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
sup priscilla...

hookdump28 is an advanced ver. of hookdump 2.5, which is a keylogger. I dont know at the moment if hookdump28 is more than a keylogger or what....

heres a list of files and their sizes to look for in your system....

Hookdump.zip - 24,994 bytes or 25,328 bytes

Hookdump.exe - 20,224 bytes

Hookdmp.dll - 9,984 bytes

Hookdump.ini - 249 bytes or 260 bytes

the original was created back in '98 so most of the anti-virus progs should have updated sig. files for this trojan

try using symantec security check online here.....

hopefully this helps.

take care

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Merlin...you are scary...if you turn out to be a script kiddie I am going to be pissed:winkgrin:

Percilla...download and run a program called PEST Patrol...from here

http://www.pestpatrol.com ...it can handel what AV solutions cant

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Doonz said:
Merlin...you are scary...if you turn out to be a script kiddie I am going to be pissed:winkgrin:
Come on Doonz... you should know better than that... you've got a few holes. 1. Script kiddies don't know that they are script kiddies.... they think they're 'leet' 2. A Script kiddie would never know the history of the proggie/virii unless they wrote it or had some hand in it, which would no longer make them a script kiddie. 3. If merlin passed both of the above...and was as you say "scary" he'd never admit to being a script kiddie, even if by some chance he knew that he was one.... the smart ones never tell... kinda like a magician secrets ( atleast the good ones are like magicians)

If you really want something to be afraid of do a search for Black Angel 2000.... Hint: Check for "the study of Hack" .com

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
...see , Valiant doesnt think Im scary...hehe :winkgrin:
do you really think a script kiddie would be on this forum trying to help people? I think it would have a negative influence on his "ultra kool eevil hax0r" status.... and like I told doonz, I grew out of that phase...(j/k :winkgrin: )

take care...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
ok...public aplogy to merlin...

and you never grow out of the phase...you just grow up..:winkgrin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.