Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have recently purchased a wall mounting kit ATF600 for my evoHome unit.
The installation was done according to the user manual, measuring everything using a voltmeter i get 4.2V which is correct according to the manual.
Once I mount the evoHome unit on the bracket i get a Fault Code message displayed every 1 minute "MAINS LOW, 00".
I checked the units screen and it shows that the battery is charging, if I use the desk stand I do not receive the mentioned Fault code.

Does anyone had this issue? What does the "MAINS LOW, 00" fault code actually means?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you use a back box as stated here?
I had no possibility to add a back box behind the support plate or near it so the transformer was mounted a bit further way, something around ~2m distance.

I'm guessing that the "MAINS LOW" message might be related to a contact problem on the wire connections maybe?

·
TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
8,854 Posts

?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

?
Thanks for the suggestion. The contacts on the wall panel are OK.
I will check all my contact points if there might be a poor contact somewhere else. Till now I didn't know what the fault code refers to, now I have starting point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The issue has been resolved, the cause was a poor contact on a wire before the transformer.

So in conclusion:
"MAINS LOW, 00" refers to loss of power at the end of the cable, in this case the wall mount panel.
This can be cause by two things:
1. a too long cable from the transformer to the wall mounting panel, the manufacturer suggest at most 10 meters using a 2x1mm cable
2. a poor contact on the wall mounting panel contacts where the evoHome controller is mounted
3. a poor contact at any connection points

Thanks @Stancestans and @SpywareDr for the assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts