Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone
This is my first post
I recently bought a older Manco side by side has been converted to Honda GX 630 20 HP horizontal shaft engine
wont start no spark
The previous owner told be was running great & just stop running
The oil level is dirty but correct
I assume ( we know about assume lol) the the ignition system is internal & needs no external extras to make it run?
Being on a side by side it is wired into the electrical of the side by side which look like a CDI box for the side by side
It will crank form the ignition switch but will not start
I am going to take the side by side wiring out of the equation & try as a stand alone for just the engine as see if it will start
If same no spark condition Is there a flow chart diag aid to determine what is causing a no spark condition
I read about the low oil shut off & a shut off switch also built in safety features to keep from destroying the engine?
Would greatly appreciate any information on my issue
thanks
Manco Honda

·
Moderator, Automotive Team
13,918 Posts
try changing the oil and crossing the low oil shutoff, I'm not sure about honda engines for a side by side but I had a Honda generator once that had no spark and it was because of a bad low oil shutoff switch

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wolfen1086
thank you for information on the Honda motor
What you are saying makes sense
I know where the oil pressure switch is but do you know where is the low oil shut off switch located?
The Honda engine was installed in place of the original engine just to let you know
So nothing to do with being on the side by side
It is Honda GX 630 motor horizontal shaft 20HP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts